Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Give 'em an inch, they take a mile. My husband sent me a link to a video on how to make hot dog buns from scratch. It takes 4 hours. Hot dogs are specifically reserved for having to make a meal for 20 people, in less than 10 minutes, for under $5, in my book. There will be no homemade hot dog buns happening in this house.


We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday by feasting at Axel's Bonfire. Between left-overs from that dinner, my mom's hand-me-down produce (she was on vacation), and my laziness.. I haven't been to Aldi in about 6 days, and I'm having a bit of withdrawal. I know they are probably wondering why they didn't need to reorder grilled chicken breast strips. I think I'll make Chicken Taco Pie tonight, which means I'll have to pay them a visit in a few hours. Meanwhile, I'll throw this in the crock pot: 



Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (and everything needed to mix the batter)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar
  • 1 can crushed pineapple, do not drain
  • 1/2 jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved (if you have time)
Mix cake batter according to directions. Pour melted butter in crock pot and grease the sides with a bit of it. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the butter and then layer pineapple and cherries. Pour cake batter over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. You'll know when it's down when the center looks firm.

Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment