Friday, June 4, 2010

BP Executive on-the-scene Sandwich

It is probably very unappetizing to look at a live feed of the oil spill video while reading a recipe. I know if I dropped a bottle of oil on my kitchen floor, I would be cleaning it up for days, so watching that oil pour out is incomprehensible. 

It seems symbolic of the greed and gluttony that has been going on for far too long, and the hatred spilling out of those who blame everything else for their current situation. Maybe plugging our own holes would be a start to finding a solution to this tragedy.



BP Executive on-the-scene Sandwich
  • 1 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
  • 1 can black olives, chopped
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • bread
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill for an hour. Spread on bread of your choice.

If you want to be a real snob, have someone, whom you think is beneath you, trim off the crusts and cut the sandwiches into three strips and feed them to you. 

Optional: cloth napkin
Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

1 comment:

  1. These sandwich ingredients are very unique but I am dying to give this a try! Excellent comment on the most pressing of issues, too. Oil spill - bad; grease dripping down my chin - actually, pretty good. : )

    ReplyDelete