Saturday, May 29, 2010

Strawberry Chicken Salad

It is Memorial Day weekend! The official start of summer. I began the long weekend by going to the Bare Essentuals boutique at Rosedale to stare at all the things I really need want. Now they have brush-on mineral sunscreen, which not only protects you, it makes your skin look nice. Now, if only I could find $50 so I could buy two on special this weekend and earn double stamps. Earlier this week, I read that many sunscreens have vitamin A in them which will actually accelerate skin cancer rather than protect from it. Check to see if your brand is safe at Environmental Working Group.

While I was longing for cosmetics, and my #2 son was longing for things in the Apple Store, half our family was at a Minnesota Twin's game. The Graduate was working (she's the responsible one).



Strawberry Chicken Salad
  • cucumbers (as thick as you can find), washed well and sliced 
  • frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and cubed
  • mayonnaise
  • fresh strawberries, sliced
  • dill weed (Aldi may or may not have this)
  • black pepper
Mix chicken, mayonnaise, strawberries, dill weed and black pepper in a bowl and then put a scoop of the mixture on a sliced cucumber. Make as many or as few as you want, they look beautiful and taste great!


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment