Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Native North American People who Live Where it's Warm Foil Wrapped Chicken

I love Mexico, I really love Mexico. My favorite thing about Mexico is the people who live there. They are warm loving people with strong family values who are very faithful to their beliefs. I've been down the entire west coast of Mexico, and most recently to the Yucatán Peninsula; as well as Cozumel a few times.

I encounter many people who have relatives living in Mexico, or ancestors from there, while shopping at Aldi. They are always smiling and visiting, that makes me smile. One time I tripped in the parking lot and went face first into the pavement (my fault - I'm clumsy) and a grandfather-type man rushed over to help me and then his entire family came to help.

One thing I know for certain, the majority of people living in Mexico really hate drug traffickers and people who cross the border to the US illegally. They are known as the people who ruin it for everyone else. How sad is it that some are so wrapped up in hate that they judge an entire people for the actions of criminals?

This recipe is also from my mom. She likes Mexico too. 

 

 Native North American People who Live Where it's Warm Foil Wrapped Chicken
  • 4 chicken breasts, thawed
  • 4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
  • 2 cups shredded refrigerated hash brown potatoes
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup salsa
  • sour cream
  • aluminum foil
Place one chicken breast on a big square of foil.
Sprinkle 1 tsp. taco seasoning on chicken breast.
Place 1/2 cup hash browns on top of seasoning.
Cover with 1/4 cup cheese.
Top with 1/4 cup salsa.   
Wrap foil around entire mess, place in baking dish, repeat three times.  

Top with sour cream prior to eating, if desired.

Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment