Monday, May 3, 2010

Arizona Egg Bake

My daughter wanted "kind of runny with a nice shape eggs" for breakfast yesterday and today. That means over-easy. Over-easy is hard. 

Eggs are pretty fascinating. When I take an awful drug called Decadron, I crave eggs. I used to think it was because of the protein, but now I think its because an egg yolk is one of the few foods that has natural occurring Vitamin D. My brother told me that our family has issues with Vitamin D. Now, I am constantly hearing about the benefits of Vitamin D. My best friend says that's called a Baader-Meinhof.

My dad ate a dozen eggs a day. He apparently needed a lot of Vitamin D, or maybe it was because he had chickens and was poor. I don't know, but he sure liked eggs.

My mom gave me this recipe. I usually make it when we have overnight company.



Arizona Egg Bake
  • 3 cans diced green chiles, drained
  • 1 lb. Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced
  • 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 16 oz. tub sour cream
  • 1 tbsp. butter
Grease 9 x 13 baking dish with butter.

Spread diced green chiles on bottom of dish, arrange cheese slices on top of chiles, covering them.

Beat eggs, then mix in sour cream. Pour over chiles and cheese.

Bake at
375° for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife poked in the center comes out clean.
Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment