Friday, May 7, 2010

Salsa Dance Soup

I have been absent here for a few days, I'm sure ALL of you are wondering what happened to me, ha ha. Food is the last thing on my mind, I have been having dental issues, and without working teeth, food is much less appealing. Unfortunately, a medication I take causes bone loss, and my teeth were right behind my hip and my knee on the hit list. Fortunately, I found a really wonderful prosthodontist last year, and after living in his office for the past 8 mos., he delivered my new smile yesterday.


My new smile is not feeling so well today, it turned into a grimace, but I have faith that it will recover. In the meantime, I am thinking about soup..

Salsa Dance Soup
  • 3 cups salsa
  • 6 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rice
Throw everything in a Crock Pot and cook on low for 4 hours or until rice is done. Remember, every time you lift that lid on the Crock Pot, you need to add another 1/2 hour of cooking time. Leave it alone and go do something fun.

Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment