Friday, April 30, 2010

Potassium Wake-up Call

So I'm still hung up on this bird thing. Today, a pair of Cardinals decided they were going to use the gazebo light for a nest too. They had already brought about 5 twigs to the top of it. I've watch them for days go from tree to tree together trying to decide on a nesting spot and of course they decided on the light when I wasn't paying attention. I love Cardinals, they have such good relationships - always working together, always communicating. Cardinal males should be the leading example for human males. My husband is a Cardinal. Sometimes he can be a Blue Jay too though.

My husband decides to end this game and he fixed the light with a bird-speak "off limits" sign (a.k.a. an Aldi tall kitchen garbage bag) before the nest building got further out of hand. It was very sad. The female kept coming back and looking at the light and then would fly over and talk to the male and then go back to the light. I almost ripped the plastic bag off and screamed, "have the damn light, I can't take the guilt anymore!"


Potassium Wake-up Call
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. instant coffee
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
Blend until smooth (blender, Magic Bullet, food processor, hard labor).
Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment