Monday, April 26, 2010

Crock Pot Pizza Fondue

Our Meteor cherry tree and the neighbor's pink flowering crab tree are blooming and I am sick! Down and out sick with an allergy I only get when the flowering trees bloom. I avoided this dreaded thing last year because my mom and I went on a cruise out of San Diego (her first). We only went as far as Catalina Island and Ensenada, but it was great fun - we did a Baja wine tour to this hidden beautiful area about an hour from Ensenada. I don't drink wine, but I had a lot of fun watching everyone else. 

I am going to make cherry salsa this year with the cherries from my tree, right now I am counting my cherries before they ripen, and so are the birds.



Crock Pot Pizza Fondue

  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce (any type/flavor you like)
  • 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. corn starch
  • 1 pkg. peperoni slices
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • bread (bread sticks or torn pieces of a French or Italian loaf)

Grease Crock Pot with olive oil.

Combine all ingredients except cheese and bread. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Add cheese during the last hour.

Dip bread in sauce.



Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

2 comments:

  1. They look like the Bing cherries in the store, but they don't taste like them without a pound of sugar LOL

    I didn't know we could grow them here either, I heard it on MPR. We planted one in 2002 and it froze out and tried again in 2005 (with the right soil prep) and its been growing like crazy ever since. Had cherries the first year.

    ReplyDelete