Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crock Pot Sunday Breakfast

If I was a nice mom/wife, I would make this right now. Aldi closes at 8 pm Monday-Saturday and I don't have enough eggs, and of course we don't have any bacon - bacon disappears here as fast as it's purchased. 

I don't like Aldi's hours, but I really shouldn't be in East St. Paul past 8 pm anyway. I thought about going to Cub in my pajamas. I am wearing scrubs and I think I could pass myself off as a tired medical worker on late shift.

Every time you lift the lid on a crock pot, you need to increase the cooking time by 30 minutes - just leave it alone, everything in there is fine.

The reason why evaporated milk is used in a recipe like this is because it doesn't curdle. Generally you shouldn't add milk, cream, cream cheese or sour cream to a crock pot until the last hour of cooking.




Crock Pot Sunday Breakfast

  • 1 bag diced potatoes with onion
  • 1 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
Place olive oil and potatoes on the bottom of the Crock Pot.

Divide bacon, onions, green pepper and cheese into thirds and layer on top of potatoes, ending with a layer of cheese.

Beat eggs, milk and and pepper. Pour over the layers, cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. 


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment