Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chicken Burritos

I made melt-in-your-mouth beef burgundy tonight, not one ingredient was from Aldi, so I shouldn't be writing about it, but it turned out perfectly. Sure wish I would have waited until I am over this horrible allergy thing so I could have enjoyed it more, but I found a perfect roast with a green "TPR" (temporary price reduction) sticker on it at Cub and I couldn't leave without it ($1.99/lb.). I was in Cub to pick up a few spices that I can't buy at Aldi.  

I had a bet going with myself that if my husband put salt on his food without tasting it first, I was going to get up and leave and let him figure out what he did wrong. He didn't, thankfully. These are the thoughts that happen after you turn 45. I hear they become worse over the next 10 or so years. I also hear that at some point, it won't occur to me that these thoughts are not normal.

The beauty in the picture is my baby. She weighs as much as a small child too. I have wanted an enameled cast iron dutch oven forever, but I was not going to pay $75 for one. Guess what? Aldi got some in. They were $39.99, still too much for me.. then one day, they marked them down to $19.99. Perfect beef burgundy would not have been possible without this wonderful thing, thank you Aldi!



Chicken Burritos

Grease Crock Pot with olive oil.

Place chicken and salsa in Crock Pot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8-9 hours. Add sour cream during the last hour.
Heat individual flour tortillas for a second or two in a fry pan. Fold chicken mix into tortilla and add cheddar cheese and additional sour cream, if desired.


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment