Friday, April 16, 2010

Chicken Bruschette Bake

I am a little obsessed with the Crock Pot lately. The main reason is because I am lazy, but also because a Crock Pot uses 72% less power than an oven, even with the longer cooking time. I used to think of it as a winter appliance, but I'm sure the energy savings is even greater in the summer when you think about having the oven on and running air conditioning.

My mom gave me this recipe. I adapted it for the Crock Pot. I am also obsessed with Aldi's Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, they will be coming up often in the future, unless I get sick of them. They are kind of expensive ($7.99), but that's a small price to pay for grilled flavor and not having to deal with raw chicken.



Chicken Bruschette Bake


Add olive oil and chicken strips to Crock Pot. Layer mozzarella cheese and basil on top of chicken.

Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, broth and garlic in a bowl; pour on top of chicken and cheese.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment