Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Curry Casserole

Maybe someday my kids will be hungry for something I used to make and then they'll think, "oh, that's right, mom went through a crazy phase one time and put all that stuff on the internet."

I used to get a complex when I listened to some people go on and on about their cooking abilities. Then I found out that they really only cook a few times a year and anyone that eats what they cook BETTER NOT EVER FORGET how good it was and how much time and energy it took. I don't know how I got stuck doing this every day. This food thing invades every part of your life when you are the one responsible for doing it. I cannot imagine what it would be like to just show up to a table and eat. Well, I can imagine that, it's called going on a cruise. I haven't figured out how to permanently live on a cruise ship, without being a crew member, of course.

This recipe is from my mom, this is my lazy adaption. She boiled a chicken. She no longer gets to eat food like this at home, but that's a story for another day. I used to wait to make this the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas, and then I discovered that I could tear apart a store-cooked rotisserie chicken to make it anytime, and then I discovered those amazing frozen grilled chicken breast strips. 


Chicken Broccoli Curry Casserole

  • 1/2 bag frozen grilled chicken breast strips
  • 1 pkg. frozen broccoli florets (or fresh broccoli)
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. curry powder (or less, I like the stuff)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients (except cheese). Put in a baking dish.

Top with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

Optional:
  • use leftover turkey instead of chicken

Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment