Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Easy (i)Mac

I was pretty far up Bill Gates' butt, cheering him on as he amassed his fortune, and singing the praises of Windows. I jumped on the bandwagon at Windows 1.0 and never gave up, we're talking nearly 25 years of Windows. 20 years ago, I was gleefully telling my coworkers that soon everyone would be using Windows, it was the future. This sort of talk sickened the real programmer I worked with, he would sneer at me and tell people I was neurotic. Didn't phase me. Then, along came a mandate that hundreds of work stations needed to be transitioned to Windows 3.11. Guess who became the neurotic? It's been a great marriage.


So.. last week, I converted to Mac. It's been fairly smooth so far, mostly since I realized that Mac chose left-handers over right-handers and said, "now you live in our world, deal with it." It's not easy to go against 90% of the population and survive, and then thrive. 


I'm still learning that "X-ing" out of something doesn't really end it, it just makes it hide. "Quitting" something is where it's at. I am considering a name change to Command Modifier icon


Bill Gates, I quit you.


We all know that a major relationship breakup requires some comfort food, and what is more comforting than..






Easy (i)Mac (and cheese)


  • 8 oz. macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese 
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 3/4 stick butter
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • salt and pepper
Melt butter in Crock Pot.
Layer macaroni and cheese (saving some of both cheeses).
Beat eggs and add both milks and pour mixture into C
rock Pot
 over macaroni and cheese.
Top with remaining cheese.
Cook on low for 3 hours.


Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

2 comments:

  1. LOL.. Love this article.. the "x-ing" out of something and all that Mac stuff is scaring me from making one my next computer purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think you're the only one who read it! Pressing the "X" hides whatever you are doing, but doesn't really close it, I still haven't figured out why, but I got used to it really quick. I really like the Mac a lot better as far as a computer goes - nothing EVER gets hung up or slows down.

    ReplyDelete