Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tow'Mater Corn

I've got St. Louis ribs in the crock pot, smothered with Sweet Baby Ray's. I won't eat the ribs because I had to wake up and look at them in their raw state and then had to grill the fat off them. That image gets burned in my mind for a few days. 

One of the things I love most about my husband is that he never complains about food. I spent 10 years in proximity of someone who did nothing but complain and criticize everything I cooked, and nearly everything I did or said. Of course I didn't believe it. I am part of the Free to Be... You and Me generation. My husband was from the Age of Aquarius generation, the two fit nicely together.


Normally I'd be all about the fresh veggies, but not when it comes to frozen corn or frozen skinny string beans at Aldi. Don't you hate it when you buy fresh corn-on-the-cob and it isn't very good? That will never happen with Aldi frozen corn. Never. Never is a good word. So is always. Saying, "I always almost never," before a statement will keep you out of trouble if you know someone who likes to call out your bullshit.

I am going to make this masterpiece tonight to sit beside the ribs. You could also do it in a crock pot, but mine is busy right now.



Tow'Mater Corn
  • 1 bag frozen corn
  • 1/2 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (or very ripe garden tomatoes, if you have them)
  • salt and pepper
Place the corn, half the bacon, onion and tomatoes in a pan and cook slowly until nearly all the liquid cooks out. Mix in rest of fried bacon and salt and pepper.

Disclaimer: I do not own these recipes. I cook from memory and often adapt things I've seen, tasted, heard about, or read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment